Consultant Gastroenterologist & Hepatologist
M.B.B.S., M.D (Internal Medicine)
Fellowship in Gastroenterology & Hepatology
Ex-Mubarak Medical College, Kuwait (Ministry of Health)
Ex-Haya International Tertiary Gastroenterology Center, Kuwait
We offer comprehensive services for the gastrointestinal complaints such as heartburn, ulcers, pancreatitis, hepatitis and colitis. The department of Gastroenterology focuses on early colon cancer detection and endoscopy. Often endoscopy is performed to visualize and examine the internal organs, which include the oesophagus, stomach, duodenum, colon etc.
Mewar Hospitals provides treatment for the patients suffering from the following conditions:
- Jaundice, viral hepatitis and biliary stone disease
- Various Types of Ulcers
- GI Bleeding (haematemesis / melena / fresh blood per rectum)
- Abdominal pain
Diagnostic endoscopic procedures
- Upeer GI Endoscopy
Interventional endoscopic procedures:
- UGI Endoscopy with Biopsy .
- Colonoscopy & Biopsy .
- Polypectomy .
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG) .
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangio-pancreatography (ERCP) .
- Capsule Endoscopy .
- Endoscopic Variceal Ligation ( EVL ) /Banding / Sclerotherapy /Glue injection .
- Endoscopic Foreign Body removal .
- Achalasia Dilatation .
- Crohns Disease & Ulcerative Colitis .
- Petic Ulcer Disease management .
- Hepatitis “B” treatment .
- Hepatitis ” C” Treatment .
- Celiac Disease Management.
- Abdominal / Intestinal TB management .
- Esophageal Diseases .
- Alcoholic Liver Disease .
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
The Gastroenterology and hepatology Department offers up-to-dateevidence based treatment for patients suffering from various Gastrointestinal, Liver, Pancreas and Biliary system related disorders.
The department is well equipped with Video Gastroscope, colonoscope, duodenoscope and endoscopic ultrasound scope.
Particular expertise in management of :
- Acute Liver Failure
- Decompensated liver disease and its complications due to any etiology
- Viral & Auto immune hepatitis
- Pre liver transplant assessment and post transplant management
- Non alcoholic fatty liver disease
- Acute and Chronic pancreatitis
- Inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis and crohn’s disease)
- Besides dignostic UGI & colonoscopy following therapeutic
- Endoscopy procedures are performed :
- Control of gastrointestinal bleeding
- Dilatation of oesophageal, pyloric, colonic and anastomotic strictures
- Placement of stent in oesophagus, duodenum and colon
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy with Jejunal extension
- Removal of foreign bodies
- Endoscopic Polypectomy
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection (EMR)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio Pancreatography (ERCP)
- Removal of stones from Bile duct and Pancreatic duct
- Biliary and pancreatic stenting
- Management of biliary, pancreatic and anastomotic stricture
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)